Having trouble developing a content strategy that works?
You’re not alone, but you don’t have to struggle anymore.
Does any of this sound like you?
- You know content marketing is important to your business, but you have yet to see any ROI on the content marketing you’ve been doing.
- You are frustrated because you have no idea what to create or when to create it.
- You’re not getting any traction when you try to promote your content.
Really, you kind of feel like ripping all your hair out by the root every time someone says the words “content marketing.”
If I’ve described your situation perfectly, then I’ve got solutions for you.
It’s all a matter of taking the right steps.
Step 1 – Getting to know your customers.
Who are they? What do they care about? What keeps them up at night? What are the most common questions they’re asking you?
This really takes some serious detective work. Ideally, the person creating your content strategy should have a few days to shadow your sales and customer service team. If that’s not feasible, I will come up with some other way to get the job done.
Failing to get this information means making educated guesses. This will mean producing a whole lot of “okay” content. In today’s competitive marketplace, you need content that’s way better than “okay.”
Step 2 – The content audit.
What kind of collateral is already in place? Is any of it working? What could be working better? Is each piece of content performing the job it’s meant to perform?
There’s no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater, after all. You’ve probably got some pieces of content that are working for you. This audit will provide clues on what else is going to work for you…and what can be done to or about the rest of it.
Step 3 – The content plan.
You’ll receive an in-depth content road map which will include:
- A content mission statement.
- Topics to tackle.
- Multi-media opportunities.
- On-site publication schedule.
- Social publication schedule.
- Guest post opportunities.
- Outreach opportunities.
- A content library.
- Recommendations for testing and retooling existing content.
- Strategies to encourage user-generated content, where appropriate.
Your plan will cover a full year of content development and placement. You’ll never be lost about what you need to put out next, or when you need to do it.
Step 4 – Implementation
You have a plan. Now all you have to do is work the plan. If you don’t work the plan, you probably won’t get results from it. There are three ways to get this done.
- Don’t want to do it yourself? I offer content creation services.
- Have a staff who can implement your strategy? I’ll be happy to walk them through the document and field any questions they might have.
- Third, if you have an internal staff and they’re totally ready to rock and roll, or if you’re a dedicated DIY person who is happy to dive in, you are now good to go!
However you decide to do it, I’m committed to your success and will be available for on-going support as needed. A fact which segues nicely into Step 5.
Step 5 – The Care and Proper Feeding of Content
Your content plan is a living document. Your plan may require course corrections or tweaks to perform at its best.
Together, we’ll monitor elements like content performance. We’ll start testing and tweaking. We’ll identify opportunities and note what your core customers are responding to, and what they’re ignoring.
I’ll be your partner in ensuring your content is doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.
If all this sounds like a whole lot of “just what the doctor ordered” you can schedule an initial call with me right now.
You and I will talk about your business, your needs, your concerns, and your struggles.
If I think I can help you, I’ll give you a personalized proposal after the call that outlines next steps. If you like what you see, we’ll move forward. If not, no harm, no foul. I’m not here to pressure you into anything. If starting a client-consultant relationship is right for both of us, I feel like we’ll both know and we’ll both be excited to get to work.
Use the scheduler below to start the process.